The giveaway has CLOSED. Thanks for entering!
- 3 cups blackberries, rinsed
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/8 tsp liquid stevia (or 2 more Tbsp honey)
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped (or 1 Tbsp vanilla extract)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup oats*
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp liquid stevia (or 1/2 cup more coconut sugar)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp) butter, cold and cut into pieces
- vanilla greek yogurt (Chobani is my favorite), for topping
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
In a large bowl, stir the blackberries together with the honey, stevia, vanilla bean seeds, and cornstarch, until the berries are evenly coated. Pour the berries into a pie plate 8×8 inch pan.
In a medium bowl, stir the almond meal, oats, salt, and coconut sugar together. Add the liquid stevia and vanilla extract, stirring until well dispersed. Add the pieces of butter and cut with a pastry blender, fork, or your fingers (I go with my fingers for this), until the butter is in very small pieces, and it resembles coarse sand.
Sprinkle the crisp topping evenly over top the berries. Bake at 350ºF for 25-30 minutes, until it is golden brown on top and the berry juices are bubbling. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Dollop with vanilla greek yogurt, and serve.
*If you are gluten intolerant, make sure the oats you are using are certified gluten free to avoid cross-contamination.