This weekend, I picked up some beets from our local farm stand. The farmer mentioned that she usually doesn’t bring beets from the farm, as they don’t sell well, so she was glad to see someone uses them. When I told them I was planning on making smoothies with them, they seemed mildly disgusted. But I was really excited to try out this smoothie from Caroline at Chocolate & Carrots, and I tried my best at convincing them it would be fantastic.
- 1 medium red beet, raw, peeled and chopped
- about 4 large strawberries (I used frozen)
- 1 overripe banana, frozen
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp + 9 drops liquid stevia (or 3 dates, pitted)
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (Chobani is my favorite)
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
In a high powered blender, combine all of the ingredients (using only 1/4 cup of water to start). Blend until smooth. Add 1/4 cup more water to thin, if necessary, to reach desired consistency. Enjoy!
adapted from Chocolate & Carrots