Sometimes, I want pizza, but I don’t want any of the classic flavor combinations for pizza. So I take my pizza dough, and I top it with something fantastic, like a spread rivaling spinach artichoke dip. Then I throw on some cherry tomatoes and onions for good measure. Delicious, my friends. So good.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I love Chobani)
- 1 cup Italian blend cheese (mozzarella, parmesan, etc.)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, packed
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- 1/4-1/2 cup onion, chopped (optional)
- parmesan, for sprinkling
- 1 lb. pizza dough - half of this recipe (or about 4 flatbread pieces)
- fresh basil leaves, for sprinkling
Preheat the oven to 450ºF, and line a baking sheet with parchment.
In a large bowl, stir the yogurt, cheeses, garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes together, until smooth. Stir in the spinach and artichokes.
Split the ball of pizza dough in half, and roll out into 2 rough rectangles (or lay out flatbread) and place on the prepared baking sheet.
Spread each dough rectangle (or flatbread) with an even amount of the artichoke spread. Top with tomatoes and onion (if using), and sprinkle with parmesan.
Bake at 450ºF for 15-20 minutes, until browned on the edges. Allow to cool slightly on the pan. Sprinkle with fresh basil, cut, and serve.